Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Fall hath cometh!!

Just when I thought it was never going to happen...Fall snuck in...the leaves turned colours and the air is damp and colder. Fall is here my friends! I admit that Fall is not my FAVORITE season, but it's 2nd on my list. Spring, fall, summer and winter. Spring because it's fresh, everything feels new, flowers coming up and the anticipating of warmer weather. Summer is third because it unfortunately gets so humid and unless I'm floating in a pool...well it's just to darn hot!! Winter..no I don't hate winter...I just don't like it that much. It's cold. It's damp and it's cold!! Fall...well we've had a very hot and humid summer. It was great (with AC). Now it's cooler. I can open my window and feel cool fresh air coming in and sometimes smell the fireplace from houses down the street (love that). I can turn on my oven and not worry about it making my place so hot. I sleep better when it's colder. I bury myself under my comforter..which is comforting.

Enjoy the season...enjoy the leaves! Enjoy Fall!!

2 comments:

Bernadette said...

As I lay in bed last night with my window open, I could smell someone's fireplace. It was soothing.

What I do like about winter is right after a snowfall, looking at the snow on the trees at night. It's quiet...it's clean and fresh.

If I only had a fireplace besides a huge window I could sit there, look outside at the beautiful snow fall, and sip my hot cocoa....

(Just one of my mental happy places)

Bernadette said...

Sheesh Drina...stop bragging about your new car....yada yada yada....can I drive huh can I????

By the way, I picked up the minimarshmellows for the hot cocoa...now just need the window seat and the fireplace and the cat...oops forgot already have the cat.

LOL