Saturday, October 15, 2005

Age Before Beauty

In this week's TV Guide, there is an article on Age Before Beauty. It talks about how celebrities over 40 are now considered sexy and beautiful (men and women). It's and interesting article particularly in this career where beauty and youth are very important. It's nice so see this new attitude.

I remember that when I was in my teens, I never thought about life after 40. It seemed so old to me...so very far away.

When I turned 30, I was very depressed. I felt my youth was gone and there wasn't much to look forward to. My life at that time wasn't particular going well...especially my marriage.

When I turned 40, I didn't feel that way. My 30's, although not any easier, had many good memories. I was happier. I had already resigned myself to the fact that I would not have children. I have not resigned myself to not ever fall in love again.

Now, in my 45th year of life, I'm learning something new everyday. Life has it's ups and downs. I haven't figured out life or myself. I don't feel sexy...but that's just the way I feel right now. It's not how others feel in their 40s and I'm glad for that. It means that there is hope still for me.

My bestfriend just got her driver's license and purchased her first car at the age of 45. Now's she's zooming around in her Honda...You go girl!!!

So life doesn't end in your 40s. For some it's only the beginning....

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Mama says 40 is the new 30.......probably because she is 37.

I think you are beautiful.

Bernadette said...

Thanks Chelsea...and I think despite your youth and furriness...you're pretty cute!!

Ben