Thursday, May 05, 2005

When your fear comes true...

Everyone has fears...fear of falling (how many times have I dreamed of that), fear of smacking the car, fear of losing a loved one, fear of dropping your keys down the elevator shaft...oh yeah...that happened last night.

I came home last night...up the elevator as I've done many times before, with my keys in my hand. As I exited the elevator, it happened...my fear come true...it slipped out of my hand and right down the elevator shaft. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING TO ME!!! The hysterics begins. I start freaking out. My cat hasn't been fed. Where am I going to sleep. I only have on key for my car. What am I going to do!!!!

Well after some hysterics and waterworks in front of the superintendent, who fortunately has seen me in more lucid moments, she calmly explained that she would give me the extra set of keys for my apartment, and that the elevator man would come tomorrow and retrieve my keys.

"I take it I'm not the first person to do something so stupid??". "No dear, you are not". (Okay so she WAS calling me stupid...but then it was a stupid thing to do).

I'm happy to say that me and my keys have been reunited. It was a fear, it happened and I lived through it.

Now if I can make through one of my greatest fears yet to come....



1 comment:

Bernadette said...

I survived...more embarrased after my hysterics...but the keys came back to their mama. Thanks for sharing your fears. It definitely runs in the family!