Sunday, April 10, 2005

What a beautiful day!!

Today was a wonderful day.

My mother was able to go to church despite feeling very very tired due to the heavy chemotherapy received earlier this week. To my surprise she agreed to go out for lunch. We haven't had a family lunch out in a while and it was wonderful.

The day was warm, the sun was shining and I was with people that I love very very much. What more could I ask. I guess I could ask that God grant her longer life...yes it's definitely in my daily prayer. I have asked that he extend her life past the originally given six months...he has. She is fighting...but then she has always had this determination and love for life. I pray that God give her the endurance to keep fighting for her life. I pray that he help me do what little I can to help her do that.

Cancer affects the whole family...it's true. The little ones don't understand. They ask "Vo, are you going to die?" "Not today sweetheart".

Who knows when any of us will face that....but hopefully not today.

It's beautiful outside even though it's evening. I can see the sunset from my apartment balcony and I feel good...and I thank God for another day. Another beautiful day of life. Thank you!

Ben

No comments: