Friday, September 02, 2005

Katrina's aftermath

I recently wrote in comment to another's blog that I had little understanding for what these people were going through. How true. I admit that I am disgusted with the looting for nonnecessities.

Yes it's true I have never gone through anything like this in my life. I do understand that these people feel so desparate that they feel they need to seek food and water.

However, like many, I am disgusted that others within these hard hit and desparate areas show their inhumanity by using guns to intimidate and slow down any help that is forthcoming.

I watched via tv how many are pleading for help and feeling abandoned.

I forgot that they did not have access to radio, tv or internet and did not know that people were desparately trying to help.

I actually regret my previous comments...that these people should get off their butts and help themselves...what do I know. I haven't just lost my home and everything I know.

May God give them strength to endure.

2 comments:

sweetviolet said...

you may be interested in hearing the mayor of new orleans' take on itthe interview.
also, it seems that looting is all a matter of ?perspective
. it is unfortunate that the lowest level of humanity rears it's ugly head in these situations, but people are angry, hungry, thirsty, dirty, and have lost everything they have in the world. and many have not yet seen much in the way of help.

Bernadette said...

How true..Unfortunately most of what is reported is the sad and sick stories. Again, let me please repeat that I can't possibly understand what these people have gone through...you can't unless you have gone through it...