Friday, August 26, 2005

Karla Holmolka (Teale)

I keep reading of various opionions of whether Karla has a right to her privacy or not...I admit that I almost agreed the other day, but then stopped myself. Karla has served 12 years for the murders of two young girls. She did not serve anything for her sister's death, nor for the rape of Jane Doe. However she was sentenced to 12 years and served that time...oh yes...only before it came to light that she had much more to do with the above crimes. Otherwise, she would have gotten a longer sentence, perhaps even a life sentence with no chance of parole...so when I thought of it this way, bottom line is...I hope she is hounded for the rest of her life. I hope each time she finds a little peace in her life, I hope it is torn away from her as she tore away the lives of those innocent girls. I hope she finds it harder and harder to trust...I hope she looks over her shoulder for the rest of her life...I hope it's NOT a long life!

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

I read some articles in the Toronto Star about Karla..they have a whole section on her. A lot of people feel the same way...I'd be happy never to hear her name again...but part of me wants her name to come up occasionally in the context that she is hounded.