Thursday, July 14, 2005

Is it hot enough for you?? Part II

This morning I arrived at work feeling sick to my stomach. Why you ask? The heat, the humidity and the air that I had to breathe to get to work. My car AC is still not working (a work in progress) and coupled with being stuck occasionally by foul smelling and badly maintained vehicles (mostly vans...why is that??) I wanted to throw up when I arrived in the office. My head was pounding despite having swallowed several extra strenth tylenols and my stomach churned...it took a couple of hours of AC and cleaner smelling air to finally feel better.

So we are asked to conserve energy and spare the air. So don't turn on your AC, because offices need to leave numerous unused office lights on. Yesterday as I walked one corridor of the hospital where my mother is now a patient, I couldn't help but notice the misuse of energy. Doors left wide open to the outside air (air conditioning blowing out or hot air blowing in), lights in meeting rooms that were not being used, lights on in the 'bowling alley"..yes they have an old bowling alley in this hospital (nursing home...for the residents...although I don't think its used that often..obviously)...tvs and lights in patients rooms (I turned mom's off when she fell asleep). They (who are they...they are the politicians that ride around in their airconditioned limos and work in air conditioning and sleep in airconditioning....) want us..me and you to take the TTC. Spare the air people. Ride an unairconditioned bus/streetcar with people who are antipersperantly challenged...yes it's better for them that I breathe in someone's BO than contribute to the smog by driving my car. Well you know what I say to that????

WHATEVER!!!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hi cousin Ben,

I am not myself these days either. way too hot.
Say hi To Shamu

Bernadette said...

Dear Chelsea,
Uncle Carlos fixed mommy's car AC yesterday. Mommy is very happy now.

Stay cool,
Shamu