Thursday, October 16, 2008

Its been a long time now...

I can't believe its been over a year since I've blogged...I've been busy...on Facebook. I enjoy Facebook because I am able to keep in touch with family and friends...even long lost friends.

What's happened in the last year...well not much really. I'm still working in the same place, living in the same place with the same two cats, and driving the same old car...only more rust and falling apart.

What has happened has been good and sad...good - Debbie and Sandy my cousins have added to the cousin with the birth or Sienna, Gabriel and Michael. Sad, has been the loss and I mean loss of a wonderful man, everyone's Uncle Manny (DeFreitas). Yeah, I don't think any of us were prepared for that loss. I can't believe I will not see him at a family gathering.

Good has been Drina my best friend becoming a home owner. Congrats!

Good has been my sister and the family finally taking a vacation in Portugal...unfortunately part of the reason, sad, is the passing of Alice Batista less than a year ago. She fought hard...but finally needed to rest. She is very much missed...I think of our last evening together by the fireplace at Dill & Carlos...like so many wonderful times I spent listening to this amazing and wise woman...

Yes there have been positive changes over the last year, and of course many sad occasions...I suspect we will have more as family and close friends age...as this world gets sicker by the day.

Whatever will be...will be.

No comments: