Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Change of Season

The countdown to the end of summer is on...and its in the air. Nights are cooler, days are too and grow shorter in daylight.

Soon we will be putting away the sandals, the shorts, and all paraphernalia that is linked to the summer and the hot and humid weather that so many love. We are now pulling out the hoodies, the sweaters, the sweatpants and the socks...long banished into the back of the closet. We start to snuggle down onto our couch with a cup of hot chocolate and get ready for all the new shows and continuation of our favorites...Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, CSI, CSI Miami...(hey its my blog...so I'm naming MY favorite shows).

It was a wonderful summer...no shortage of hot weather or heat alerts. I enjoyed the pool at my building complex...now empty of its inviting cool water. There are less people outside hanging around...its grown quieter. As I sit at my computer, I can smell someones fireplace from one of the houses down the street...awwwwwww its almost fall, soon to be followed by winter.

I admit that winter is not my favorite season...but its a time of cuddling close to the ones you love...or in my case, my furry roommates. (In actual fact they do that in the hot and humid weather anyways...thank goodness for air conditioning).

There is soon to be a change of season!

Whatever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's me Fadia :-)

Yep! Fall is in the air that's for sure...and funny thing is, I don't really mind. You know that summer is my favourite season and into the early part of fall. But autumn is COZY and is the time of sweaters, jeans, jean jackets and boots if you want. And even though it's cooler, the air is fresher, crisper. And then there's the hot cocoa. Mmmnnnn.....I totally agree with you! It's such a cozy time of year and just trying to settle in for the night and relax with family and friends :-)
Definitely looking forward to that! So let's do it!
Luv you!!

Chelsea said...

I really enjoy the autumn cuz I don't like when it's too hot and Mama takes me for a walk. This weather is just fur-fect.

xoxoxo
chelsea