Saturday, January 28, 2006

To You From Me

To You from Me

By Keith Haring

You!

It lasted only a little while, but it was great, really great.

You changed so quick and now…I don’t know if I should listen to them.

What they say I don’t want to believe. If you never liked me, then those days are nothing…

A dull Sunday made bright. A Monday evening, having you with me.

A Tuesday afternoon, morning and night.

Every day is the day I thought of you. It was too good to last though.

I guess I really knew…there’ll never be another you!

What is love! Who knows….surely not I, I was only broken by it!

It was a real unforgettable experience…the lip tightening,

Trying to say something, something to make you come back,

Then, it’s over, for us at least!

I could ask other girls, but I guess I always knew…

There’ll never be another you!

I have often asked myself…the reason for sadness in a world

Where tears are only a lullaby, but, really, who are we?

Ours was a strange and wonderful relation, you’re wonderful and that’s strange for me!

Well I guess I always knew…there’ll never be another you!

Who are you? You are love, you are happiness, you are humor, you are neat, right-on, and everything else!

You are life, love and …just plain beautiful!

But then, who am I?

I guess I’m not good enough for you.

I mean, I guess, I always knew…there’ll never be another you!

Hey, you, you’re wonderful!!

Now all my dreams are wishes, but none come true,

Because I always knew!

There’ll never be another you!

Me

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

I didn't write this...someone once gave it to me.